FAQ > FEMALES AND ACNE
How to Get the Most Out of Your Makeup
We carry a specially formulated mineral makeup specific for acne-prone skin. In addition, the purity of its ingredients and soothing, gentle nature make it perfect for complicated complexions. But, some of you may have tried mineral foundation before and were disappointed in the results. We hear everything from:
- “My skin is too dry for that” to
- “It settles into my fine lines” or
- “I need more coverage.”
Sound familiar? Read on for some tips on making the most of your mineral makeup.
The Right Tool for the Right Job
For fuller coverage, it’s best to use a flat top brush. Here’s how:
- Tap out a small amount of powder onto the lid of your foundation.
- Dip your brush into the powder.
- Bring the brush so that it is bristle side up and tap the end of the handle on a hard surface to evenly distribute the minerals into the bristles. This ensures a smooth application and prevents powder fallout.
- Buff into the skin using small, circular motions.
Have some blemishes or under-eye circles that need extra camouflaging? Lightly dip a concealer brush into the foundation lid again and then gently press onto any areas you’d like to cover.
Mineral Makeup Alchemy
Still not impressed with powder? Mineral foundation can be transformed into a tinted moisturizer!
- Dispense our Ultimate Protection SPF28 into the palm of your hand.
- Tap a bit of your mineral foundation onto the sunscreen
- Mix with your fingers until fully blended.
- Add more minerals for more coverage.
- Take your flat top brush and dampen the tips of the bristles with water.
- Dip the brush in the mineral/sunscreen mix and apply to your face as you would with a regular liquid foundation, using circular motions to blend it in.
Application is smooth and non-sticky, providing coverage, moisture, and sun protection all-in-one!
© Face Reality Acne Clinic